Monday, August 6, 2007

A New Beginning

The sun rose over Port Bastok, casting away the nights shadows. Thus began another day. For some a new day brought new opportunities, new adventured and mystery. For others it was just another day to be miserable just more time to suffer.

Enter Alistair, our hapless hero, who was currently awaking from his current state to find himself face down on the steps of Bastok's favourite eatery, The Steaming Sheep.

"Stupid Sun... I thought I cast Slow on you... Why are you here so early" He propped himself up on to his elbows, then using a passing Taru for support, finally found his feet.
People were staring... It was going to be one of those days.

It was not long before a small crowd had gathered, several were heading for breakfast, others were just there for the show. After all it wasn't every day that you saw this sort of entertainment. He was doing what could only be described as dancing. The crowd dispersed quickly... Others were throwing gil.

"And now, for my greatest trick. I will now hypnotise this lovely White Mage" He clapped his hands together thoughtfully. Before the White Mage had time to object, Alistair had already started casting Sleep. It would not be long until his trick had been completed.
"And look, as she's almost under my spell" He was waving madly as his spell finished, he was but moments away from victory.
The White Mage smiled. "Barsleep" She whispered... Alistairs eyes opened in shock. Too late to stop, his sleep spell hit her. Resisting it with full force she smiled as the shock blew him backwards in to the door...



It was several hours when he awoke, and it was dark once more. "Victory! I beat the sun" It was then it hit him... Not an idea as such... But the wrong end of a staff.
"Err... Ow.... That hurt"
Out of the shadows appeared the white mage from before... She wasn't looking too pleased at him.
"You... And I... Need to have a little chat" She hit him again...

1 comment:

Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Love it! I cant believe you can toss something together so quickly. I'm impressed. I hope you keep this up. I can already tell its going to be good.

Glad to have met you today by the way!